Applying for Financial Aid

Apply for Aid:

Every year students must complete a new Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit it to the United States Department of Education for processing. You do not have to be enrolled full-time (12 hours) to receive federal aid. Generally, you will be eligible for federal aid if enrolled at least six semester hours. The FAFSA is an application for the following federal aid programs:

 Complete the FAFSA every year, as soon after January 1st as possible and before April 15th.

If you need assistance completing the FAFSA, you can obtain information from the hotline at the Federal Student Aid Programs (1-800-4FED-AID), call us at 304-710-3370 or e-mail us at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and we will be happy to assist you.

The Office of Financial Aid for Mountwest Community and Technical College, in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, P.L. 89-329, as amended, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, or sex in any of its policies, practices or procedures.