Transfer Services

Whether a student is transferring from another college to Mountwest Community & Technical College or transferring a Mountwest degree to another school, Mountwest aims to make each transition smooth.

Mountwest Community & Technical College welcomes transfer students from other colleges. Transfer students wishing to have previous college credits posted to their Mountwest transcript must have official transcripts sent directly from the Records Office of their previous institution(s) to the Office of Admissions at Mountwest. Transcripts marked "Issued to Student" are not official. If students have attended more than one institution, transcripts from all institutions from which they are requesting credits are required. Students who have submitted official transcripts from accredited colleges will have a transfer evaluation. The transfer evaluation identifies Mountwest Community & Technical College equivalencies for transfer courses.

To graduate from Mountwest, transfer students must have at least a 2.0 GPA for all college work attempted and a 2.0 on the overall GPA, earning a minimum of 12 college-level semester hours of credit. (Exceptions to this are the following degrees: Board of Governors, Technical Studies, and Occupational Development, in which 3 hours are required.) Transfer students must also have earned a C or better in ENL 111 or the equivalent in order to graduate.

Open Monday – Friday,
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.