Mountwest Community & Technical College
Institutional Board of Governors
The MCTC IBOG will have become fully functional under the Policy Governance approach and philosophy.
The IBOG will have increased their engagement with the community on behalf of the college. Possible avenues:
o Legislative – State and Local
o Community Leaders and Organizations
o Speakers’ Bureau
o Networking with other Boards
o A.C.C.T. Activity
All IBOG members will contribute to the Foundation on an annual basis, and will actively raise awareness/promote the Foundation in the community.
Increased student program completion rates (Degrees, Certificates, Skill Sets, Courses) and aggregate completion.
Increased engagement of the community with the College.
Mountwest students will have a realistic understanding of their career options and upon completion find employment in their field of study.
The citizens of the community will have an increased awareness of the value of the College as a resource and its benefits.
We will have enhanced the public profile of the College (reputation and credibility)
The Governance Process:
- Policy No. 1: Governing Style
- Policy No. 2: Board Job Contributions
- Policy No. 3: Chairperson's Role
- Policy No. 4: Board Members Code of Conduct
- Policy No. 5: Committee Principles
- Policy No. 1: General Executive Constraint
- Policy No. 2: Staff Treatment
- Policy No. 3: Compensation and Benefits
- Policy No. 4: Financial Planning
- Policy No. 5: Financial Condition
- Policy No. 6: Asset Protection
- Policy No. 7: Communication and Counsel to the Board
- Policy No. 8: Accreditation