The Radiologic Technology Program1,2 is a cooperative effort between Mountwest and Collins Career Center (CCC). The student should complete or be enrolled in all pre-radiologic admission course before applying to the program. Admission requirements to Collins Career Center Radiologic Technology program may vary year to year. Please contact Ed Bays, Mountwest, Program Coordinator at (304) 710-3528 for up-to-date admission information. The CCC Radiologic Technology program provides the students with a total of 1,000 classroom hours and 1,420 hours of clinical experience.
REQUIRED COURSES for the Academic Year 2014-2015
|AH 151||Medical Terminology3,4||3|
|BIOL 257||Intro to Anatomy and Physiology3||3|
|ENL 111||Written Communication3,4||3|
|MAT 145||Applications in Algebra3,5||3|
|COM 112||Oral Communication3||3|
|IT 101||Fundamentals of Computers (EDGE)3||3|
|PSYC 215||Lifespan Psychology3,4||3|
|SCI 110||Introduction to Physics3,6||4|
|RAD 201||Introduction to Radiology||3|
|RAD 202||Clinical Practice I||2|
|RAD 203||Ethics and Law||1.5|
|RAD 204||Radiograhic procedures I||3|
|RAD 204L||Radiographic procedures I Lab||2.5|
|RAD 205||Clinical Practice II||3|
|RAD 206||Radiation Protection/Radiobiology||3|
|RAD 208||Radiographic Procedures II||3|
|RAD 208L||Radiographic Procedures II Lab||1|
|RAD 209||Radiologic Pharmacology||1.5|
|RAD 210||Clinical Practice III||3|
|RAD 211||Radiation Characteristics/Radiation Physics||3|
|RAD 212||Imaging & Processing/Imaging Lab||3|
|RAD 213||Radiographic Pathology||3|
|RAD 215||Clinical Practice IV||3|
|RAD 217||Quality Assurance||1.5|
|RAD 218||Advance Imaging Procedures||3|
|RAD 219||Registry Review||3|
|RAD 221||Human Diversity||1.5|
|RAD 222||Radiographic Procedures III||3|
1. Pre-Radiological Admission Courses are taken at Mountwest Community & Technical College.
2. Admission to the Radiologic Technology program is required before beginning the second and third year RAD courses.
3. AH 151, BIOL 257, COM 112, ENL 111, IT 101, MAT 145, PSYC 215 and SCI 110 must be completed with a “C” or better.
4. AH 151, COM 112, ENL 111, and PSYC 215 have a prerequisite of REA 098, or placement in 100-level reading.
5. MAT 145 has a prerequisite of MAT 096, or placement in 100-level mathematics.
6. SCI 110 has a prerequisite of MAT 125, or MAT 135, or MAT 145, or MAT 145E.
|**Click here for the 2014-2015 Advising Sheet**|
|**Click here for the 2013-2014 Advising Sheet**|
|**Click here for the 2012-2013 Advising Sheet**|