Early Childhood Education
The Associate in Applied Science in Early Childhood Education degree consist of 61 credit hours and is approximately one half of the curriculum required for a Bachelor of Arts in Education. The degree is designed to allow the holder to serve in a support capacity including, but not limited to, facilitating instruction and direct or indirect supervision of pupils under the direction of an educator. This program is designed to allow a seamless transfer to the baccalaureate degree at Marshall University.
REQUIRED COURSES for the 2014-2015 Academic Year
|COL 101||New Student Seminar||3|
|EDUC 101||Healthy Environment1,*||3|
|EDUC 105||Comp Instruction Technology in Classroom2||3|
|EDUC 120||Foundations of Early Childhood3,*||3|
|ENL 111||Written Communication4||3|
|EME 101||CPR/First Aid*||1|
|COM 112||Oral Communication1||3|
|EDUC 210||Observation Assess. of Young Children5||3|
|EDUC 220||Infant & Toddler Development5||3|
|EDUC 225||Development of Young Children5,6,*||3|
|EDUC 270||Level I Clinical Experience7||3|
|ENL 115||Written Communication8||3|
|EDUC 230||Early Language and Literacy9||3|
|EDUC 275||Level II Clinical Experience10||1|
|EDUC 295||Early childhood Curriculum & Methods11||3|
|MAT 120||Applied Professional Mathematics12||3|
|PSYC 215||Lifespan Psychology1||3|
|Fine Arts Elective13||3|
|EDUC 215||Child, Family, and Community5||3|
|EDUC 261||The Exceptional Child14||3|
|SCI 201||Ingegrated Science16||4|
1. COM 112, EDUC 101, and PSYC 215 have a prerequisite of REA 098, or placement in 100-level reading.
2. EDUC 105 has a prerequisite of IT 101.
3. EDUC 120 has a pre-requisite of ENL 094 and/or 095, or placement in 100-level English.
4. ENL 111 has a prerequisite of ENL 095, or placement in 100-level English, and REA 098 or placement in 100-level reading.
5. EDUC 210, EDUC 215, EDUC 220, EDUC 225, has a prerequisite of ENL 111 and a grade of “C” or better in EDUC 120.
6. EDUC 225 has a co-requisite of EDUC 270.
7. EDUC 270 has a co-requisite of EDUC 225 or PSYC 215 for ACDS students.
8. ENL 115 has a pre-requisite of ENL 111.
9. EDUC 230 has a prerequisite of ENL 111 and EDUC 225.
10. EDUC 275 has a co-requisite of EDUC 295.
11. EDUC 295 has prerequisites of ENL 111, and a grade of “C” or better in EDUC 225, and EDUC 270.
12. MAT 120 has a prerequisite of MAT 096, or MAT 097, or placement in 100-level math.
13. Choose from the following: ART 101, HMN 120, or MUSI 101.
14. EDUC 261 has a pre-requisite of EDUC 225, and ENL 115.
15. EDUC 299 has a prerequisite of EDUC 295, and by permission.
16. SCI 201 has a pre-requisite of MAT 120, MAT 145 or MAT 120.
* Only students who began Apprenticeship Child Development Specialist classes fall 2002 or later will receive credit for these courses upon completion of their certificate.
**Students desiring to pursue a Baccalaureate degree through the articulation agreement with Marshall University should also complete an approved English literature elective. Please see the program advisor for a list of approved courses.
|**Click Here for the 2014-2015 Advising Sheet**|
|**Click Here for the 2013-2014 Advising Sheet**|
|**Click Here for the 2012-2013 Advising Sheet**|