Dental Laboratory Technology Certificate
One year of training at the Putnam Career and Technical Center (PCTC) and thirteen hours credit at Mountwest Community & Technical College will result in a Certificate of Applied Science in Dental Laboratory Technology. Students will follow the Putnam County school calendar while completing the Dental Laboratory Technology courses, and attend the PCTC every day from 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. during the technical portion of the program.
REQUIRED COURSES for the Academic Year 2014-2015
|DLT 101||Intro to Dental Technology1,2,3 (EDGE) (1st 9-weeks)||6|
|DLT 104||Complete Dentures1,3 (EDGE) (2nd 9-weeks)||9|
|DLT 108||Partial Dentures1 (EDGE) (1st 9-weeks)||9|
|DLT 112||Inlays/Crown/Bridges/Ceramics1 (EDGE) (2nd 9-weeks)||10|
|DLT 116||Clinical Experience1,4 (EDGE) (2nd 9-weeks)||1|
|In addition to the Dental Laboratory Technology curriculum, the following General Education requirements must be met:|
|ENL 111||Written Communication5||3|
|IT 101||Fundamentals of Computers (EDGE)||3|
|MG 101||Introduction to Business6 (EDGE)||3|
|SCI 120||Basics in Physical Science||4|
1. Dental Laboratory Technology courses are delivered at Putnam County Technical Center at Eleanor.
2. DLT 101 has a prerequisite of admission to the Dental Laboratory Technology Program.
3. All first semester Dental Laboratory Technology courses must be completed with a “C” or better before student can register for second semester coursework.
4. DLT 116 has a prerequisite of DLT 101, DLT 104, DLT 108, and co-requisite of DLT 112.
5. ENL 111 has a prerequisite of ENL 095, or placement in 100-level English, and REA 098, or placement in 100-level reading.
6. MG 101 has a prerequisite of REA 098, or placement in 100-level reading.
|**Click here for the 2014-2015 Advising Sheet**|
|**Click here for the 2013-2014 Advising Sheet**|
|**Click here for the 2012-2013 Advising Sheet**|