The Dental Assistant Program is a cooperative effort between Mountwest Community & Technical College and Putnam Career & Technical Center. Dental assistants perform a range of patient care, office and laboratory duties. They are an integral part of the dental office, acting as a second pair of hands for a dentist. Ultimately, their role is to make certain that the examination of a patient is performed efficiently. Almost all jobs for dental assistants are in dental offices.
|DA 241||Biomedical Science||4|
|DA 243||Clinical Science||4|
|DA 244||Dental Assisting General Studies||3|
|DA 246||Dental Science||4|
|DA 247||Dental Specialties||2|
|DA 248||Dental Terminology||2|
|DA 242||Dental Assisting Clinical Practice||4|
|DA 245||Dental Assisting Clinical Mentoring||6|
|DA 249||Supervised Dental Assisting Experience||3|
|DA 250||Dental Specialties II||2|
|DA 251||Dental Terminology II||2|
|AH 151||Medical Terminology4||3|
|ENL 111||Written Communication4||3|
|IT 101||Fundamentals of Computers (EDGE)||3|
|Human Biology Elective6||3|
|Social Science Elective9||3|
1. All non-DA courses are offered at Mountwest Community & Technical College.
2. Dental Assistant (DA) courses are delivered at Putnam Career and Technical Center at Eleanor, WV.
3. All third semester Dental Assistant (DA) courses must be completed with a “C” or better.
4. AH 151, COM 112, COM 125, and AH 220 have a prerequisite of REA 098, or placement in 100-level reading.
5. ENL 111 has a prerequisite of ENL 095, or placement in 100-level English, and REA 098, or placement in 100-level reading.
6. Human Biology Electives include: BIOL 102, BIOL 257, BIOL 258, BIOL 260, or BIOL 265.
7. Choose any MAT 100-level or above.
8. AH 216 has a prerequisite of AH 151.
9. Choose from EC, HIST, PSYC, SS 100-level or above.
|**Click here for the 2013-2014 Advising Sheet**|