Allied Health Occupations
The Allied Health Occupations Certificate Program is a unique opportunity for students, interested in the health care field, to earn a certificate that will help them further this goal. Health Occupations Certificate graduates have a wide range of career options within the Health Science industry. Graduates work in educational services, federal, state, and local governments, or pharmaceutical and medical facilities. The Health Occupations Certificate includes a minimum of 18 general education credits and 12 credit hours of Allied Health credits.
REQUIRED COURSES for the Academic Year 2014-2015
|AH 151||Medical Terminology1 (EDGE)||3|
|BIOL 257||Intro. To Anatomy & Physiology||3|
|ENL 111||Written Communication2||3|
|IT 101||Fundamentals of Computers (EDGE)||3|
|Allied Health Elective4||9|
|Social Science Elective5||3|
1. AH 151, COM 112, and COM 125 have a prerequisite of REA 098, or placement in 100-level reading.
2. ENL 111 has a prerequisite of ENL 095, or placement in 100-level English, and REA 098, or placement in 100-level reading.
3. Choose from MAT 115, 145 and 150 or higher. MAT 115, MAT 145, and MAT 150 have a prerequisite of MAT 097 or placement in 100-level mathematics.
4. Recommended Allied Health electives include: AH 205, AH 207, AH 216, AH 220, CLA 200, CLA 203, EME 105, EME 109 and others with permission.
5. Choose from EC, HIST, PSYC, SS at the 100-level or above.
|**Click here for the 2014-2015 Advising Sheet**|
|**Click here for the 2013-2014 Advising Sheet**|
|**Click here for the 2012-2013 Advising Sheet**|